Friday, October 14, 2011

Makers Share Inspiration






Hi all! A few etsy artists on an etsy team called "Etsy Ugly Cute" decided to play around with making art inspired by other etsy sellers. Anyone could pipe in and ask, 'pick me, pick me!' there was no obligation to buy, just a fun way to cross-promote and support each others' art.

Both artists who had their way with my work surprised me by picking items out of my shop without letting me know which ones they would be translating into their media. The anticipation was incredible, I kept checking their shops and the team discussions every day hoping for a glimpse! During that time, I enjoyed their interpretations of other etsy sellers' work.

The first item sold immediately to a very loyal fan of my work! I was flabbergasted by how Kathryn Muse captured the character of 'The Guys'. Pictured are my polymer clay guys, followed by Kathryn's interpretation of them.

This experiment was such a success that the buyer (my sister)placed a custom order with Kathryn for a set based on my other little creatures, 'The Bubblegum Gals'. My niece and nephew now own these plushy squishy fun little folks inspired by my designs. Thank you again Kathryn! I cannot describe my glee upon first seeing your interpretation of my blue fellows.

Please visit Kathryn's "Musers" in her shop to have your mind blown with plushy cuteness. Stay tuned for a blog post on the second co-creative-conspiracy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home