Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Love Backwards


Today's drawing of the day comes quite late, but I made my "deadline"!

Playing with the colored pencils, I realize that I probably never learned 'proper' technique for using them. Probably my high school art teachers tried. In college, some professor must have mentioned something. Maybe not.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and 'spy' on the 'me' that was then. Was I daydreaming, fixated on how some guy in the class styled his hair? Was it the colors themselves that completely absorbed my attention?

As long as I can remember I've been completely enraptured with color. My red wagon personified the wonderful qualities of red. Red to Angela age 3 said "I AM HERE". I was emphatic about red as my favorite during my earliest years. So bright, so rich - so absolutely vibrant, strong, solid, and secure. A world of positivity in which to get lost. Yum.

As I proceed through life, strange things are revealed about my relationship with color - such as sometimes I have a sense that I can taste them. For instance, the colors on top of today's drawing taste a little raspy and sawdusty in my mind's eye and near the tip of my tongue. The blue side of the hair feels slippery. I guess that's not a taste, but that's a bit about the cross - sensory baloney I deal with every day.

This set of colored pencils blends particularly well - it's easy to layer but also seems a bit easy to 'overwork' a bit. However, I've decided just to play and see what's up. Love Backwards.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

We have been enjoying these immensely! Could you add Miss Mak's e-mail address so she can get your posts e-mailed to her as well? I LOVE this picture forwards and backwards...

December 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

YES! I was just going to ask if she'd like that ;) Great minds think alike!

December 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home